Okay a bit of a big post title – but for a reason imho. In my own little world I always think I do a great job – I ‘m picking great music, I am literate about it, I am objective and I am looking out for the artist. But who the hell knows.
Well I recently was contacted from the good folks at Clickticket who included Slowcoustic in their “Top 20 Music Review Blogs”! I found myself coming in just outside the top 10 at # 11…with a bullet. This is beyond flattering as even I know of 20 music blogs that I feel leave me in the dust, but never the less it makes me feel good about being out here and posting stuff every day (or practically everyday, easy now…).
Damn, they be one smart website though, no?
The full list (click above image to read the full post @ Clickticket):
And the winners are . . .
- Pampelmoose Music – Pampelmoose Music is indie at heart and they show it with their expert reviews and thoughtful commentary.
- The Music Slut – A little brazen and a little risqué (NSFW) but worth it. TMS has a lot of great album reviews and music videos.
- Just Like Music – A bright and energetic site that’s easy to read. Our favorite part is the recommendations at the end of every review.
- Too Much Happiness – The best aspect of this informative blog is sample mp3s from the albums they review.
- The Decibel Tolls – The Decibel Tolls features plenty of well written reviews as well as “off center music solutions.”
- A New Band A Day – This site has a great look and feel to it. We really enjoy the menu that utilizes images of old school cassette tapes.
- Randomville – Randomville is “killing indie creed one reader at a time.” Don’t know what that means but they do have poignant reviews and a plethora of music samples.
- Indie Rock Café – A very professional site that’s the place to go for everything indie music.
- Spinning Platters – A bunch of Bay Area nerds have banded together to create a fascinating blog about their local music scene.
- love shack, baby – Focusing on the Chicago indie music scene, love shack, baby is a well written and informative blog.
- Slowcoustic – Slowcoustic reviews Americana/alt-country/folk/indie/down-tempo music. It’s a nice site with a very relaxing layout.
- The Music Ninja – A bright blog that reviews independent music from the past and present. The site contains lots of music samples
- Pot Holes In My Blog – Their name is a take on De La Soul’s “Potholes In My Lawn.” This blog expertly reviews a plethora of hip hop music.
- Everybody Taste – A very unique site that is built on the principle that music is meant to be shared.
- Hear Ya – A sleek blog that cuts through the clutter of indie music to give you honest and worthwhile reviews.
- Deckfight – They bill themselves as “indie rock & lit with a southeast bent.” Deckfight has a clean, simple layout that’s inviting and easy to read.
- Twang Nation – A well written and sagacious blog about country music, alt-country, roots music and Americana.
- Atlanta Music Guider – You may not live in Atlanta, but they review the same musical acts that are headed to your town. A great resource for music lovers of all kind.
- Music Zeitgeist – A serious and hardworking blog dedicated to indie music.
- Quirky NY Chick – Yes this site is quirky and yes it’s written by a chick, but it also has tons of reviews and news. If that wasn’t enough, it’s a great place to visit for news about the live music scene in NYC.
I also find a few friends in the list like Ms. Tart over at Love Shack, Baby and Scott over at HearYa, and other larger blogs like The Music Slut and Pampelmoose! Good company all of them, so why don’t y’all go and visit a few of these blogs?