So I did it again, got all caught up in my life and ignored the blog on a Friday. Sure there was the day job, sure there was a going away party for a colleague in a downtown hotel, sure I live about an hour drive from downtown. This does not warrant a snub to the blog, does it? Well apparently it did yesterday.
Well let’s get back to business and take a small look into what was going on this past week – I didn’t get much interweb time this week, so it might be a bit light as well!!
- Well if you didn’t catch the leak of the new Ryan Adams and the Cardinals album “Cardinology” you might be one of the only ones! Check out my favourite new track from the album over at the Swill Merchant Blog here. Its very nice if I do say so myself.
- Have you seen the latest Hype Machine “popular blog tracks” page today? The Top 25 blog posts/tracks has 12 appearances from Kanye West and mostly his newest single…is this what we need – the guy is good, but come on people!
- I Guess I’m Floating put up a post on Ivana XL – (one of my favorites that I only have about 7-8 songs from) – so definitely check it out – also take a read through the “Music Alliance Pact” post, some interesting stuff.
- Did you see this release yet? Ummm, I am a bit of an Apple fanboy and tech nerd….
- I apologize now for referencing Pitchfork, but they sometimes do very good things – see the review on Lost Wisdom from Mount Eerie with Julie Doiron and Fred Squires. nuff said.
Well that is all I got for now, I am sure I will post an incredibly similar post in about a week or so – as I know you were about to ask. I thought I would leave you with someone who’s music is not really “new on the ‘nets”. I have really enjoyed what I have from this artist over the last couple of years, and he is without an actual release (yet??). The guy is called “Dry Still” and I have 2 tracks for you – of which both are basically some of the best slowcoustic tracks you will find. So go to his MySpace page and hound this guy to release an album or just become a fan – we need more of this thick as mud Americana.