Kinda skipped a week for this whole ’round the nets post, so I have most likely missed a fair bit. From what I can find, some highlights for me are listed below.
- Untitled Records lets you know that they have love for Bon Iver, but not 100% love…see here.
- Captain Obvious dropped a January Mixtape that is practically busting at the seams with music that matters.
- Speaking of mixes (sort of), Motel de Moka always posts collections of music on each post…check out “Welcome to Alflolol” that also is spilling over with good tunes – even a nice little gem from “Dark Was The Night”.
- We All Want Someone To Shout For put up their praise of The Rural Alberta Advantage (plus tonnes of “new” posts – almost every post has something new or upcoming!!). The RAA are a band I have never posted on (despite being great), even with me living IN Alberta….
- Herohill are covering the “In The Dead of Winter” festival and already have Day 1 and a preview of tonight covered…can’t wait for last night’s coverage due to a seriously great line up of Canadian East Coast talent!
I can’t even figure out the rest of the stuff I missed already…too much out there, and I shall endeavor to find it all and report back next week. I leave you with some lo-fi goodness that I recently discovered – Caleb Hutton. While Caleb might not be a household name, possibly for us indie folky types he just might become one. While he has many original tunes available, I provide a psuedo theme by including 3 covers he has recorded – great versions of each if I have to say. You can check him out (and find links to a crap load of more tracks) on his MySpace page.