Haven’t done a “new on the nets” round up in a while so I thought I would plunder other blogs and find out the good stuff and post it here. Rules of the jungle baby.
- We Listen For You had their (now annual?) Showcase at SXSW and once again did it on the acoustic tip. I can appreciate this. I also appreciate Bro. Stephen, Radical Dads, Conveyer, Dent May, Miracles of Modern Science, Kevin Barnes and The Henry Clay People taking part. Watch some video from the event on the recap HERE.
- HearYa has given the stamp of approval to Field Report (nee Conrad Plymouth) and I have to agree. Already pretty much liking whatever Christopher Porterfield has done it does stand to reason. Need proof? [soundcloud url=”http://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/40402302″ params=”auto_play=false&player_type=tiny&font=Arial&color=50504e” width=”100%” height=”18″ iframe=”false” /]
- The new album from Cold Specks is fast approaching. The album has been in the works for a long time and the release can’t come soon enough. Quick Before It Melts had the latest track “Winter Solstice” up on his blog in anticipation of May 22nd release of I Predict A Graceful Expulsion. Listen. [soundcloud url=”http://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/40247920″ params=”auto_play=false&player_type=tiny&font=Arial&color=50504e” width=”100%” height=”18″ iframe=”false” /]
- Next we have Draw Us Lines with their own event for the amazing Jennifer O’Connor. They posted a preview of the show they helped put on from this past week (so…then…here is your…ahhh…heads up??). Always enjoyed O’Connor and so then I also say thanks for the heads up on this little beauty of a track.
- BoyHowdy over at Cover Lay Down did a bit of a recap of the Couch by Couchwest “Festival” and we (Yer Bird Records) got a shout out from him as well. Check out their recap HERE. As we had the amazing Hezekiah Jones video exclusive to CXCW for the festival, there was no embed of it on the Cover Lay Down post…so then, here is the Chris Bathgate cover from Hezekiah Jones’ most recent album.
Hezekiah Jones :: Last Parade on Ann Street (Chris Bathgate Cover – CXCW 2012) from Yer Bird Records on Vimeo.
- So you have heard me yammering about the Kim Janssen album Ancient Crime a few times (currently my favourite overall album of 2012) and Snowstar Records has been tweeting/posting about videos for the album, so I had to check it out. They just posted the stunning video for the track Blyth Farjeon Choir. Might not be for everyone, but it is beautifully shot and it is a moving track. Watch below.
There you have it. Just me catching up on what others are doing. Others are doing quite well apparently…