It’s been a few weeks (or month or so) since the last “new on the ‘nets” so I thought we could consider this your Sunday Slowcoustic newspaper edition.Â Sit back, grab a steaming hot cup o’ joe and dig into some items I have noticed over that last couple of weeks that deserve a mention.
- Cover Lay Down, one of the best and most comprehensive folk cover blogs in the history of music blogging has a couple of posts you will want to follow up with.Â Most recently his own “Josh” birthday post (CLD is 3 years old) and a bounty of tracks from numerous “Josh” artists like Josh Ritter/Joshua James/Josh Rouse, etc.Â Â Love themed posts!
- Hopefully there are some still left, but Herohill has T-Shirts!Â Posted last week, you can have your piece of the rock in the form of an original T from YoRodeo.Â Get over there and pick one up!
- Speaking of blog birthdays, Agnes over at It All Started With Carbon Monoxide turned Two!Â Go and wish her congratulations.
- Just this morning Knox Road advised of a Sufjan Stevens track from his latest that might be more what we expect from the avant garde folkster.Â Check the song HERE.
- Tart introduces you to a local songwriter Brendon Losch and really wants you to know him to.Â He is in “the gang” afterall!Â ;-)
- Got some time to enjoy some videos?Â We Listen For You has a collection all in one post from Sharon Van Etten (very nice) – see it HERE.
- Muzzle of Bees have a couple of posts on the Rural Alberta Advantage hitting Milwaukee – check the lead up and then the review (with photos).
- Daytrotter put two personal favourite sessions out lately – check out Little Wings and Timber Timbre and get your download on!
I recently told all of you about the great compilation from ondarock as it is chock full of great folky tunes, well who wants more free compilations??Â I knew it!
Snowstar Records Compilation (available on BandCamp for free)
To celebrate the label’s 15th release, they have combined 10 tracks from artists they enjoy as an appreciation gift – so go show some support and appreciate it, it is a good one.Â Enjoy a sample of one of my new favourites I Am Oak.
“Gold and Porcelain” – I Am Oak
All Creatures (A Sherman Compilation) (available at ShermanArts on Tumblr)
Sherman Arts is a West Philidelphia Based community for local music at local venues.Â A great idea for a great area of talent – this compilation has 37 tracks people!Â Bands include Boca Chica, Birdlips, The Baird Sisters and also an appearance from a Slowcoustic friend and favourite Strand of Oaks (check the photo of him, classic!!) – and listen below for proof.Â Head over and look into it and if you are in the Philly area – get involved!
“Clear Recollections” – Strand of Oaks