So what’s going on out there, what little gifts of news and music do we have? I often get to neglecting the internet for things beyond my control and miss out – so if anyone wants to assist, send me something you think is Slowcoustic News-worthy and maybe we can post it here each Saturday. Just email email@example.com with your news. After that request for part time help here on Slowcoustic – I bring what I have found or noticed this week below;
- Before the news starts – did you check out the Elbo.ws blog rankings for last week? I think not (as even I almost missed it) – but yours truly hit the #32 for the week. Hey for a 2 month old blog, that is pretty nice – isn’t it?
- My good friends over at You Crazy Dreamers have made me a believer of Aaron Espe with their recent post. Wow, I missed this guy completely – so if you are like me and about the acoustic singer-songwriter – head over for a listen!
- The new album from Frontier Ruckus “The Orion Songbook” is available on eMusic as a pre-release item. This means on eMusic you get it before it hits the street – I picked up a copy last weekend. The reworkings of their previous demos and releases to create this album is definitely worth a purchase. Pick it up here.
- Mangum???? The mystery continues on the ever elusive character. A little overhyped, but that is why we LOVE him. Just provide me with a completely solo, acoustic only, hushed version of “Oh Comely” and I will provide you with anything in my possession of value.
- One of my new great reads (that includes some good music almost as a bonus) – is Songbytoad.com – check out one of the latest posts that is capped off with Dylan and King Creosote. Sweet.
I thought I would change it up a bit and post a track by someone who might not be considered truly Slowcoustic in her stylings. Jes Kramer is a great indie-electroacoustic performer (often a one woman band with such a full sound, it is amazing). The song I selected is from her upcoming release “Mint Extract City” and is simply Jes and her keyboard, it is called “You Never Lost Me” – her voice is intoxicating, so honest it hurts. She can be found on MySpace and Virb – so go be her friend, listen to her “Casio-style” and pick up an album!